BeGroovy Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:36:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the BeGroovy Forums. Let us know what you think of the Haiku Alpha 4.1 release.
35788 Posts in 5213 Topics by 289 Members
Latest Member: macsociety
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  BeGroovy Forums
|-+  General
| |-+  Haiku & BeOS Discussion (Moderators: Deej, Euan Kirkhope (UK), Chinasaur, Cougar)
| | |-+  My Findings on the DT300
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: My Findings on the DT300  (Read 20028 times)
Shintaro
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2002, 01:21:44 AM »

Possible group purchase????

Here you go guys. This would be a great group purchase, but I dont live in the USA, so not real good for me.
Currently at $91 USD for 5 rangelan2's

Sonoma76
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2002, 01:02:01 PM »

If you press the blue button on the far left, it should bring up an orientation screen like Palm has.

Did you try that? I found it really frustrating not having a stylus, so I'm using my palm one, and once I got it properly oriented, it's been working great.
RepairmanJack
Global Moderator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2002, 02:40:26 PM »

Actually the left-most button on mine brings up the keyboard-app, the second to left calibrates the touchscreen, and the two on the right control brightness and contrast.

Here's my problem.  I've systematically tested all of the connections and determined that the problem must lie in that little ribbon that runs from the touchscreen to mainboard.  You know, the one with the really weak looking connection just below the network card and above the more conventional looking connection (above the power switch).

When the touchscreen ceased to be responsive, I notice what appeared to be a kink and a break in the four silver threads that line the ribbon.  I (perhaps  foolishly) trimmed the broken section, peeled back some of the sticky plastic and reattached the rigid card.  But still no luck.  I checked all of the connections, dis-and reassebled the thing and can't figure out why it died.  I'm currently wondering if there's a problem with the ribbon itself, perhaps there shouldn't be any plastic covering at the connection point.  Can someone check this for me?

Otherwise, I'm at a loss to figure the dang thing out.  This could really suck - a 152.00 electronic picture frame.  I wonder where I could take such a device for repair?

--------------------
Another thing, is that little port just below the power connection a USB port?  If so, could I attach a mouse and expect it to work?  If not, what is it?  It doesn't look like any network jack I've ever seen Sad

---------------------
I'd be willing to kick in $20-30 bucks for one of these APs, if we can four other takers.  Better hurry, only 14 hours ledt

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait...
cadmeister
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2002, 03:09:28 PM »

I'm on the road this week, and won't be able to play with my pad, so proably can't help much with the screen

the port next to the power cable is USB and at least works for printing -- i just plugged in a deskjet  and got a screen dump from the wagner browser.
RepairmanJack
Global Moderator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2002, 05:47:22 PM »

YES!  It is a USB and does recognize the mouse.  
While nice, this still leaves me high and dry on the touchscreen front - Dang.  Any help would be appredicated!

dfccomp
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2002, 06:55:02 PM »

Well I too have a DT300 unit but no Beia on a CF. Sad . How did you get the Beia image. I have tried Beshare (using Ozone), but I can't seem find it. I do have a 128MB CF that would look real good with a image of Beia on it. Can anyone help?. Thanks.
Minox
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2002, 07:20:13 PM »

e-mail me and I'll give you a FTP link
moooooooo
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2002, 06:48:07 AM »

minox "you might be able to alledgedly find an ftp link or pass you on to someone that might be able to help you". alledgedly.

Smile

be careful mate as lawyers arent always enthusiasts.
having said that i have a url where people might be able to find bone and dan0.
but it's just a page with urls on it Wink
http://beos.loved.com/projects/bone.html

but theres other stuff on there too like...a nice logo and verdana has always been my favourite font Smile
peter
RepairmanJack
Global Moderator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2002, 07:21:08 AM »

Thanks to a conversation with Minox and some comparitive discussion, my touchscreen is back up and running!!!

So, aside from lack of working sound and network, my goal is to find some more BeIA images.  My webpad is running BeIA 1.0rc0-Appliance - 2000.10.23, I suspect that a newer BeIA version *may* make my sound work, but I'm not sure. (the snd_server seems to be malfunctioning, there's nothing wrong with my speaker)

The BeIA dev kit I've got runs a later version of BeIA with some improved features. I've got the instructions on home to get a new image installed on a flash card, but I'd rather try some "stock" versions before I try something homegrown.

As I recall someone has a site that archived IA images, but I can no longer find the link.  It was an enthusists page, more like an IA museum, anyone recall this site's name?

jefro
Global Moderator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2002, 04:29:03 PM »

For kicks I tried to use the beia image file and burn it using the beosonline how to and substitute the beia.img for the Dev1 image. I changed the cue file  to use the beia.img to burn in Nero and it fails saying my recorder doesn't support TAO. Can I make an entry or change an entry to use DAO.

My amigo said "Hard work never killed a fella, but there is no use risking it." I am beginning to think he is right. What if it could kill me? I just can't take the chance.
Shintaro
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2002, 11:17:58 PM »

Good luck guys, will take a bit of effort to get builds from the beia devkit 2.5 working on the dt300. Mainly copying over scripts & drivers. I found it not much fun, and not very productive.

Anyone manage to get a new DT300 img from somewhere???
Anyone have a newer beia dev kit than 2.5??

Minox, whats going on with networking your dt300 to your home network, or have you managed to get the wireless modem working??

bespike
Groovin' Hardcore

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2002, 11:22:01 AM »

What about getting a hard drive into the Web Pad. I'm away from home still, but i did here that there is room for an ide hdd. Wouldnt that be a way to get a better BeOS system on it. One that we can actualy network. (use the drivers from the BeIA image)

OBOS will save us all. Until then ___
RepairmanJack
Global Moderator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2002, 11:30:34 AM »

Shintaro, so I understand correctly,
You provided the BeIA version and cards that eventually ended up in the last 5 Webpads (one of which is mine)?  That being the case, where did yours come from?  (I'm going to venture a wild guess: the Be Inc. auction).  

---------------------------------------
So you all know what my goal is:
I want to turn my webpad into a not-so-lean, mean IA machine that can also function as a pda-type thing

To acomplish this, I want to:
* get the biggest CF card that will still work with the webpad (128mb, I'm told).

*remove all the extraneous Demos , so It is just running BeOS/BeIA (I know that won't save me much space, but why waste it?)

*alter the bootscript to I go to the desktop 1st, then into wagner if I want.

*beef up the desktop - add a few images, add a few prefs (time, filetypes), add my "people," add process controller, regular Bash, perhaps even Scheduler or BePlan.

*optionally add a few other essential apps:BeAIM, BeShare, sum-it, write, or Gobe (I know, typing will suck w/o a USB keyboard).

And I want to do it all w/o losing the functionality it already has.

is there any chance are we even looking at binary compatability, will any of the attribute-dependent apps function in this compressed bfs?

------------------------------------
Incidently, is that an mini-IDE port I see below the flashcard?

And my sound problems don't appear to be just hardware related...
I get noise from the speaker, the system auto-mutes, and the MP3s don't play (no activity on the progress bar).

When I kill -r snd_server in bterm, it dies, then when I start snd_server again I get:
info: using device '/dev/audio/game/xpress/1'.
info: using sound buffer size 4096 bytes (2 buffers)
error: ioctl(GAME_OPEN_STREAM): General OS error

Wow. what does this mean?

Ruprect
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2002, 01:53:21 PM »

Minox,

Have I got a deal for you!  I've actually done this.  I bought a replacement CMOS chip for my current rig and programmed it using the device programmer we have at work (I'm a EE).

If you need help with this, let me know...
Deej
Administrator
Addicted to Groove

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2002, 05:03:07 PM »

You might just be able to save me!!!

The tablet I got from Qubit only boots winterm, regardless if there's a CF in it or not.  :/  Best I can tell it boots winterm from the bios.  I need to duplicate the proms in it to match the be ones to see if I can make it boot of CF instead.  Willing to give it a go?

Deej

Deej
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: